All,

In these crazy unprecedented times we are in, there is still one constant -
spring migration; and what a great way to "social distance" yourself. I
birded for around 3 hours by myself at Upper Lisle County Park Whitney
Point area, an ebird hotspot in Broome Co. There were loads of waterfowl
down on the north end of the reservoir and ponds. Jon Weeks first texted
this morning about CANVASBACKs which are gorgeous birds and rather uncommon
in Broome Co. I was already at Upper Lisle when I received this text and
was near Claybanks. I eventually made my way to the point and wow...I
counted 88 RING-NECKED DUCKS, 46 LESSER SCAUP (no greaters!) and 2 pair of
CANVASBACK. There was also one basic plumage BONAPARTE'S GULLS in with this
group and a pair of RUDDY DUCK which included a gorgeous male in breeding
plumage. There were a lot of passerines too making for a lot of diversity.
My ebird list
is here: https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S66364168

Best,

Dave Nicosia

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to