With the continued draw down of the Whitney Point Reservoir, Upper Lisle
Co. Park in Broome County continues to support extensive mudflats and some
of the best birding we have seen here in over 10 years.  Two juvenile
AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVERS continue along with two BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER
juveniles for neat comparison.  There were also DUNLIN, PECTORAL
SANDPIPERS, GREATER and LESSER YELLOWLEGS, KILLDEER and SOLITARY
SANDPIPERS. Habitat continues to support the later migratory shorebirds and
mainly juveniles. I also had a flyover LAPLAND LONGSPUR which was quite a
surprise. I heard the distinct "tee eer" whistle calls which had harsher
notes mixed in. Bird was in flight over upper reservoir mudflats. Great
looks in flight. There also loads of AMERICAN PIPITS and flyover PINE
SISKINS. It was a great day for sparrows as well with sparrows almost
everywhere. I had 9 species and probably underestimated numbers. A
highlight was 23 WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS feeding in one spot. Warblers are
getting very scarce up here now too as fall progresses.  6 YELLOW-RUMPEDS,
1 PALM and 1 late NORTHERN PARULA was all I could find. I had a few other
unidentified warblers as well.

My ebird list is here....https://ebird.org/checklist/S74693518

Good birding,
Best,
Dave Nicosia

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to