From what I've been told, in order to buy the fishing parking permit you
actually have to show up at the Ryan Visitor Center at Floyd Bennett Field
carrying a fishing rod. I don't know if that really is required, but people I
know who have the permit say they did that.I wonder how it'd go over if we
showed up carrying a bucket of fish?
On Thursday, February 3, 2022, 08:46:42 PM EST, Anne Lazarus
<[email protected]> wrote:
We should support Audubon, Linnaean etc in their process to change the permit
parameters. It is not all that easy to buy a fishing permit, so I have been
told. I had considered buying one. I would like to know how our supportive
organizations are working on this problem. We do pay taxes. I live in
Manhattan. Some of us are nervous to ride bicycles in the street with all the
traffic. I am told we need to wait until April for the new permit process. I am
glad the issue is being brought to a head.
On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 8:23 PM Ardith Bondi <[email protected]> wrote:
But, isn’t the permit for fishermen only, or is there a permit for birders?
ArdithNYCwww.ardithbondi.com
Sent from my iPhone
On Feb 3, 2022, at 7:35 PM, Dawn Hannay <[email protected]> wrote:
I looked into it a little more, and one problem is that even though I’m
willing to buy a permit, there is no plan nor projected date for when they will
start selling the 2022 permit, even though the permit season starts February 1.
The only people who can park legally in the meantime are existing 2021 permit
holders. It seems unjust that one can only park with a valid permit, which is
not available for purchase at this time. Dawn
Sent from my iPhone
On Feb 3, 2022, at 6:57 PM, Jennifer Wilson-Pines <[email protected]> wrote:
I know that there is a discussion with State parks to create a birders permit,
perhaps that can also be proposed if they don't want to have general public
using limited parking
Jennifer
On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 6:12 PM Stanley Greenberg <[email protected]>
wrote:
This is part of Gateway National Recreation Area, it should be accessible to
all. It's not like there's a bus that goes there either. I bike there sometimes
but I realize that's not an option for everyone. I know some birding groups are
working on this but it never hurts to write to Gateway management and the local
Congressperson, Gergory Meeks. It's absurd that people who take (fish) are
given a higher priority than people who watch (birds).
On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 5:34 PM Trachlar <[email protected]> wrote:
Or don’t bird where certain folks don’t want certain other folks and my guess
is it’s not the birders they don’t want (primarily).
L. Trachtenberg Ossining NY
Sent from my iPhone
On Feb 3, 2022, at 5:27 PM, Anne Lazarus <[email protected]> wrote:
Gordon just got back to me. Yes, they changed the rules this year, and you
need the permit. Audubon, Linnaean and other groups are fighting this unjust
regulation. Gordon doubts the new rule can be changed this season. It also
applies to the fisherman`s lot at the hotel area, part of Fort Tilden. If there
is any action to be taken, we will know about it from the organizations
representing us. I know. It is not right. It is also about money. The fishermen
they say are complaining they have no parking space. From my experience that is
not true. There are always lots of empty spots. I was planning to go, but we
cannot.
Maybe one member of the group can drop the others off and then if another
driver in the car. The original driver comes back, and the second driver gives
the first driver a little time on the beach. The rest can go back to the main
area, and then later pick up the original driver., complicated, but possible,
Bird different areas and take turns.
On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 5:14 PM Deborah Shapiro <[email protected]> wrote:
Where is there parking for handicapped hang tags?
On Feb 3, 2022, at 5:04 PM, Robert O'Neill <[email protected]> wrote:
Parking there is legal only with a fisherman’s permit. Without the permit you
can be towed. Bob O’Neill
On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 3:52 PM Anne Lazarus <[email protected]> wrote:
I will ask Gordon Lam. Probably not a problem
Sent from my iPhone
> On Feb 3, 2022, at 1:55 PM, Dawn Hannay <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Can anyone tell me what the situation is now for parking at Breezy Point? We
> used to park at the fishermen’s lot which was legal in winter, but I seem to
> remember some change in that policy.
> Thank you,
> Dawn Hannay
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> --
>
> NYSbirds-L List Info:
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
>
> ARCHIVES:
> 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
> 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
> 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
>
> Please submit your observations to eBird:
> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
>
> --
>
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--
-- NYSbirds-L List Info: Welcome and Basics Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave Archives: The Mail Archive Surfbirds ABA
Please submit your observations to eBird! --
-- NYSbirds-L List Info: Welcome and Basics Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave Archives: The Mail Archive Surfbirds ABA
Please submit your observations to eBird! --
-- NYSbirds-L List Info: Welcome and Basics Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave Archives: The Mail Archive Surfbirds ABA
Please submit your observations to eBird! --
-- NYSbirds-L List Info: Welcome and Basics Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave Archives: The Mail Archive Surfbirds ABA
Please submit your observations to eBird! --
--
Jennifer Wilson-Pines
-- NYSbirds-L List Info: Welcome and Basics Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave Archives: The Mail Archive Surfbirds ABA
Please submit your observations to eBird! --
-- NYSbirds-L List Info: Welcome and Basics Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave Archives: The Mail Archive Surfbirds ABA
Please submit your observations to eBird! --
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--