Hi all,

NZNOG 2020 registrations are filling up, so if you’re a “late registerer” it’s
worth getting in there ASAP so as not to miss out.

http://www.nznog.org/nznog-2020 <http://www.nznog.org/nznog-2020>

As you all know it’s based in Christchurch this year, so if you’re local and
haven’t been to an NZNOG conference you should come along. We move the NZNOG
conference around so that we can make it more accessible to people in each
region, so, please take advantage of that!

There’s a number of tutorials and workshops happening in the 2 days before the
conference - most of these will appeal to any organisation with a router or
two, not just service providers. They are really good value - thanks to the
generosity of the trainers and our sponsors, what NZNOG charges for these is
less than our costs, so much better value than industry training you’ll often
see.

Our conference keynote speaker is Dr. Paul Vixie, who’s also running one of
those tutorials - Threat Hunting Using Passive DNS. This is a pretty rare
chance get some training from one of the pioneers of the Internet and modern
computing. This would be a great one if you’re more of an enterprise network as
well as for service providers.
This email will almost certainly reach you due to software Paul has written -
cron, bind, dhcpd.. you get the idea.

We’ve also got Red Hat providing a couple of different training sessions on
Containers, and using Ansible for network config.
APNIC are running a course on BGP basics, and another on ROA validation - very
important if you’re doing any sort of BGP or peering these days.

Sponsors this year are of course on our sponsors page -
http://www.nznog.org/nznog-2020/sponsors-2020
<http://www.nznog.org/nznog-2020/sponsors-2020>, and include Cisco, InternetNZ,
GoWireless, NZIX, Red Hat, Vocus, and Vodafone. Our sponsors make the NZNOG
conference a reality and keep our prices low, so please check out our sponsors
page for the full list, and make sure you thank them!

--
Nathan Ward