Hi all,

Our friends at Chorus have put together a tour of their Auckland lab for the
NZNOG community. Details are below. Any questions, please drop either myself or
Brent Marquis a line.

If you haven’t been to the Chorus lab, it’s certainly an interesting place to
check out, and will be a good chance to ask questions and see how some cool
technologies work.

Note that you do not need to be a Chorus customer to attend - but per below you
do need to be a network operator of some description so we can keep it
technical and conversation free flowing.

--

The NZNOG Chorus Lab Tour

Off the back of a couple of talks at the NZNOG 2020 conference, Chorus would
like to keep the NZNOG community engagement running.
We would like to offer a tour of the Chorus fibre lab, hosted by Brent and
Kurt.  This will certainly have a Chorus Network Technology and innovation
focus, not sales and marketing :)

We will provide a guided tour of the lab - showcasing new innovations like
Hyperfibre and WiFi ONTs alongside a view of the physical network deployment
and a demo of air blown fibre.
It will be an open session where you can ask the hosts questions as we go.
To top it off, will put on some nibbles and drinks after the tour.

There are a couple of important points…
This session is anticipated to be attended by the trusted NZ network operator
community, and we encourage attendees to be open and forthcoming with their
questions and discussion As such, this is not open to the public outside the
trusted NZ network operator community. The NZNOG community traditionally
comprises RSPs, LFCs, NZ telcos, and those operate a sizeable IT network or
other critical infrastructure. We collect some information at registration to
assist with this. That information will not be retained or used for any purpose
other than verifying attendee eligibility.
If the event gets too big, we reserve the right to cancel registrations.
Be aware this is on a weekday!
The Fibre lab is located in Auckland (on Kyber Pass Road) – you’ll need to make
your own way there. We do have some parking available, although, note the
‘drinks’ bit below.
The finer details:
Wednesday 11th March, 3pm.
Nibbles and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages supplied) at
conclusion of the tour.

Registrations are open:
https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/nznog-chorus-lab-tour-registration-95113580279
<https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/nznog-chorus-lab-tour-registration-95113580279>