hi

my preference is something like 2), but with the JCR related components
moved to Jackrabbit. I'd like to see Oak as a hierarchical content repository
implementation, but not necessarily as a JCR repository.

that might be another way to look at it. but what we in fact
have right now is an oak-core that is actually relying
on JCR, enforcing JCR specific constraints and last but not
least covering functionality that is defined by JCR.

so, to me that separation between an oak-repository and
the content repository that happened to be specified by JCR
feels pretty artificial or just a matter of politics.

and since i doubt that we will have the required resource to
continue developing and maintaining jackrabbit 2.x if oak is split
off to a separated project, i would prefer of just making
oak the next major version of jackrabbit.

kind regards
angela