this might be a weird question from the leftfield, but are we actually sure
that the existing data store concept is worth the trouble? afaiu it saves us
from storing the same binary twice, but leads into the DSGC topic. would it be
possible to make it optional to store/address binaries by hash (and thus not
need DSGC for these configurations)?

In any case we should definitely avoid to require repo traversal for DSGC. This
would operationally limit the repo sizes Oak can support.

--
Michael Marth | Engineering Manager
+41 61 226 55 22 | mma...@adobe.com<mailto:mma...@adobe.com>