Hi,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com> wrote:
> I'd be OK to replace the full-fledged checked in each call with a simple
> hardcoded set of well-known protected properties. the full check on
> save() would then take care of the rest.

If we do keep the check in the transient operations like addNode and
setProperty, then I think it's best to do the check properly to avoid
weird corner cases (like whether jcr:uuid should be protected in
non-referenceable nt:unstructured nodes). It should be possible to
optimize the checkProtected() method down to microsecond range if we
go that route.

My main point here is whether such optimization is needed in the first
place since these checks are just duplicating effort that in any case
needs to be done during save().

BR,

Jukka Zitting