Hi,

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Marcel Reutegger <mreut...@adobe.com> wrote:
> the last travis notification I got via the oak-dev list was from yesterday
> for a
> successful build [0]. travis is broken or this is due to how we configure the
> travis build. all builds after 1521 failed [1] and I really think it's better
> we get
> notifications for every failure and not just when the result changes. we can
> still mark tests with ignore if we are not able to quickly fix an issue.

See [1] for a recent related thread. My position is still that a
single failure notification should be enough to alert us about a
problem with the build.

The problem here seems rather to be that we never got even the single
notification about build #1522 going bad. It didn't even hit the
moderation queue of oak-dev@, which leads me to suspect that Apache's
spam filters may be capturing at least some of the HTML notifications
sent by Travis.

Changing the configuration to send notifications for all failing
builds may help work around such a problem with spam filters, but a
better solution would be nice.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/gfhjotihhxsiw7pi

BR,

Jukka Zitting