On 6.8.13 11:23, Angela Schreiber wrote:
let's discuss that in the call this afternoon.

Quick summary from that call:

- We need some way of backwards compatibility re. sessions as discussed in OAK-803. Otherwise client code could break in very subtle ways creating a support legacy.

- Pushing the refresh logic down to Root and related is not a good option since we want to keep oak-core strictly MVCC by keeping the backwards compatibility tweaks in oak-jcr.

- Pulling the refresh logic up into a separate JCR wrapper would factor the solution into a separate component. But it would introduce extra complexity, a lot of new classes and duplicate much of the logic we have in the current XyzDelegate classes.

- Introducing Delegate implementations for the problematic entities (i.e. UserManger) was deemed the solution to go for now. The other suspects that came up in a quick usage search are: PrincipalManager, VersionManager, ACManager, PermissionProvider, ObservationManager, and PrivilegeManager.

I'll start looking into implementing those extra Delegate classes on an as need basis.

Michael