Hi,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Alex Parvulescu
<alex.parvule...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This assumption was challenged via OAK-1357 with the idea that the MongoDB
> backup can already produce consistent (non-blocking) backups so there's
> nothing to be done in this area.

"MMS Backup offers point in time recovery of MongoDB replica sets and
a consistent snapshot of sharded systems."
http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/backups/

Alternatively, if the external database (MongoDB, or other) doesn't
support consistent backups, I'd argue that it's better *not* to use
the external backup mechanism and instead do an Oak-level backup to a
TarMK repository.

BR,

Jukka Zitting