Hi,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:00 AM, Chetan Mehrotra
> <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.099
>> sec <<< FAILURE!
>> testCompactionMap(org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.CompactionMapTest)
>>  Time elapsed: 0.099 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Failed with seed -255091622
>
> Thanks for catching this, I'll take a deeper look. Depending on where
> the error is, this might not be too troublesome as the compaction map
> is used just as an optimization tool and an incorrect return value
> should not affect semantic correctness of the rest of the system.

The problem turned out to be a test artifact. The CompactionMap class
was not designed to support overwriting already added entries, but
with randomly generated keys the test case would in some rare cases
end up overwriting an entry. In normal use the compaction code would
never do that.

In revision 1603307 I clarified the CompactionMap contract to make
this constraint more obvious and adjusted the test case to avoid
overwriting entries.

I think we're fine to go forward with the release as-is.

BR,

Jukka Zitting