Hi,

in the end MongoDB is basically the limit, as long as you have
enough storage there, you can grow your repository.

there are still some things to consider:

- oak indexes: they add more nodes to the repository. only add
indexes that are useful.

- backup/restore: at some point you will have to shard your
MongoDB. this makes backup and restore a bit more complicated
because you have to make sure the individual backups of your
shards are consistent.

- oak overhead: currently each node in the repository is
represented as a document in MongoDB and the _id is the
path of the node. this means, the overhead depends mainly
on the length of the path. there are plans to change this
in the future. see: OAK-1312
the overhead right now is typically a few hundred bytes per
node.

Regards
 Marcel