Hello team,

as part of the effort for OAK-1855 I was looking at our release process.
While the official apache docs[0] of course don't state any project
specific task we use the check-release[1] for checking it.

(0) https://jackrabbit.apache.org/creating-releases.html
(1) https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jackrabbit/check-release.sh

I noticed that the script itself runs only the pedantic profile.

Questions:

Is it right? don't we want to run the integration testing as well?

Is this script used by jackrabbit as well or is used only by oak?

I'm asking because in OAK-1855 I've disabled the unit testing for the
pedantic and integration testing and added a unittesting profile. Then I
added fixtures aware integration testing and by default
"integrationTesting" runs only against Segment (to speed up feedbacks
for local runs).

Cheers
Davide