On 16.10.14 12:32 , Marcel Reutegger wrote:
Hi,

it doesn't really explain why it happens, but there is an open issue
for the observation tests running on Oak. Some of them fail sporadically:

Might be the same root cause...

Might be... However so far I have only seen this on very specific environments (e.g. Apache buildbot on Windows).

@Bertrand, one subtle change from Jackrabbit 2 is that subsequent calls to the same EventListener.onEvent call back might happen on different threads (they won't overlap though). If the EventListener implementation keeps state across calls, the state from a previous call might not be visible to a later call if no memory barrier is in place. See http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/package-summary.html#MemoryVisibility

Michael

Regards
  Marcel