On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Tommaso Teofili
<tommaso.teof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - carefully expose only those packages classes we want people to be able to
> configure: we expose ourselves to issues with semantic versioning, but in a
> smaller scale

That would be desirable but brittle to support. As the underlying
library does not support semantic versioning we would not be able to
do that either. I would prefer expose the packages with understanding
that bundle which implement oak-lucene SPI need to

1. Either have broader import range if they are working with stable classes
2. Be prepared to rebuild the bundle

Given that such bundles would be in low minority it should be manageable.

Chetan Mehrotra