I implemented something on that line to get logs from remote server [1] for
Sling. Had plans to get that work for local jvm process also but never got
to complete it. Would try to get that done and see if that can be leverage
in Oak test.

This feature would dump the logs as part of JUnit report rendered in
Jenkins. So along with failure stacktrace you can see what all logs were
captured in that run

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://plus.google.com/+ChetanMehrotra/posts/Ao1w9SACKSh