Hi Francesco,

Query Engine
1. I didn't understand how Traverse recovers phisically the graph to traverse.
Is provided in memory ? does it make a search on filesystem or db to obtain a
correct portion of graph and then traverse it ?
2. Can you point out the Traverse classes ? Or unit test?

The Traversing Index is a fall back that Oak’s built-in query engine uses if no
“real” index is able to answer a specific query. (this implies that all your
queries should be backed by indexes). If the traversal index is used then the
query engine will traverse the relevant parts of the tree (relevant == the tree
specified in your query). Whether this traversal happens in memory, on disc or
else is a concern of the lower level persistence layer and thus transparent to
the query engine.
You can find related code here:
https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=traversingindex&type=Code
(but please note that: if you see traversals in the log this means that you
should an index)

Instead for RDBMS question i noticed that with our simple class, the first time
i add the node. The second time we obtain an error loading RepositoryImpl.
In detail when MutableTree try to make beforewrite, throw an illegalstate
exception ("this tree does not exist")

It is hard to give a proper answer, but you mention “ MutableTree” which leads
me to suspect that you have initialized/used Oak-internal classes. On
application layer you should only use the JCR API to interact with the
repository.

HTH
Michael

On 07/03/16 15:15, "Ancona Francesco"
sorry if i continue to ask you about these critical questions but we'd like to
build on OAK a platform that manage over 200M of documents so we'd like to know
in deep how OAK works.

Query Engine
1. I didn't understand how Traverse recovers phisically the graph to traverse.
Is provided in memory ? does it make a search on filesystem or db to obtain a
correct portion of graph and then traverse it ?
2. Can you point out the Traverse classes ? Or unit test?

Instead for RDBMS question i noticed that with our simple class, the first time
i add the node. The second time we obtain an error loading RepositoryImpl.
In detail when MutableTree try to make beforewrite, throw an illegalstate
exception ("this tree does not exist")

Thanks in advance,
best regards