As express offline, I would better choose a name that describes what the
module does without leaking how the module works internally. My proposals
are along the lines of "oak-local-store" and "oak-embedded-store". If
having "segment" in the name is a major concern, I would opt for
"oak-segment-store", as this name better describes what the module is
supposed to be.

Since we are imagining the names of future NodeStore implementations, I
find useless to have every first-level folder prefixed with "oak-". If I
would lay out the project today, and assuming that our implementations
would live in separate modules, I would opt for a structure like the
following:

/commons (oak-commons)
/segment (oak-segment)
/document/commons (oak-document-commons)
/document/mongo (oak-document-mongo)
/document/rdb (oak-document-rdb)

Please note that I completely made up the names above to express my idea.