Hi Angela,

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Quite frankly I would very much appreciate if took the time to collect
> and write down the required (i.e. currently known and expected)
> functionality.
>
> Then look at the requirements and look what is wrong with the current
> API that we can't meet those requirements:
> - is it just missing API extensions that can be added with moderate effort?
> - are there fundamental problems with the current API that we needed to
> address?
> - maybe we even have intrinsic issues with the way we think about the role
> of the repo?
>
> IMHO, sticking to kludges might look promising on a short term but
> I am convinced that we are better off with a fundamental analysis of
> the problems... after all the Binary topic comes up on a regular basis.
> That leaves me with the impression that yet another tiny extra and
> adaptables won't really address the core issues.

Makes sense.

Have a look in of the initial mail in the thread at [1] which talks about
the 2 usecase I know of. The image rendition usecase manifest itself in one
form or other, basically providing access to Native programs via file path
reference.

The approach proposed so far would be able to address them and hence closer
to "is it just missing API extensions that can be added with moderate
effort?". If there are any other approach we can address both of the
referred usecases then we implement them.

Let me know if more details are required. If required I can put it up on a
wiki page also.

Chetan Mehrotra
[1]
http://markmail.org/thread/6mq4je75p64c5nyn#query:+page:1+mid:zv5dzsgmoegupd7l+state:results