Hi Jukka,

Thanks - this is very helpful context. If I read the issue correctly then a)
the use case was already requested back then and b) random writes did not make
it into the spec at least partly because some backing implementations would
have struggled to implement it.

I think it makes a lot of sense to re-visit this feature as part of the broader
list of use cases for efficiently handling binaries that Chetan was kind enough
to compile. Especially, if this extension is implemented specifically for Oak
then the considerations on different backing impls would be much simplified.

Cheers
Michael