In a quick chat with Francesco we came up with a couple of ways of achieving this. I.e. we want to have a mechanism to differentiate in Jira between issues in oak-segment-tar that we want to have fixed once Oak 1.6. is out and those that can be deferred:

1) Use fix version 1.6. This is confusing as 1.6 has no relation to oak-segment-tar whatsoever and we risk messing up the release notes for Oak 1.6

2) Introduce a fake version in Jira ("Oak Segment For Oak 1.6"). This is a misuse of the version field probably leading to confusion later on.

3) Use a label. Might work but then labels are soooo overloaded and weak. Also it is difficult to spot and align them in a table in Jira.

4) Resolve as later. But later is usually never...

5) Use the assignee field: unassigned issues are tackled post Oak 1.6 all others are planed to be tackled until Oak 1.6.

My preference would be 5).

WDYT?

Michael