> Now the problem we are running into is, after save operation is performed,
> there is no good way for us to know if save was done (Since save in oak is
> async). So after save we refresh the page, the user sees old content.

Saves in Oak are not async. On a single cluster node if session S1
commits then any session S2 created after S1 (on same cluster node)
would see its change or any existing session can invoke refresh and
see latest repository state (per that cluster node)

For a cluster setup yes changes done by a session on one cluster node
would not be immediately seen on other cluster node. For such setups
you should setup sticky connections for your server