The weird situation I'm looking into is that before my commit (e.g. at
01c07cfec2), the component descriptor for SegmentNodeStoreFactory,
generated with the old annotations, contained a declaration like the
following (whitespaces included for clarity):

<scr:component
    xmlns:scr="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/scr/v1.2.0";
    name="org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentNodeStoreFactory"
    configuration-policy="require"
    activate="activate"
    deactivate="deactivate">

After my commit, in trunk, using the new annotations, the component
descriptor contains the following:

<scr:component
        xmlns:scr="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/scr/v1.3.0";
        name="org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentNodeStoreFactory"
        configuration-policy="require"
        factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentNodeStoreFactory"
        activate="activate"
        deactivate="deactivate">

According to the declarative services specification [1], "a factory
component is used if the 'factory' attribute of the 'component' element is
set to a factory identifier". Isn't then my commit actually fixing the
component descriptor?

[1]:
https://osgi.org/specification/osgi.cmpn/7.0.0/service.component.html#service.component-factorycomponent