Hello,

I’ve some questions about lease and cluster info.

1.Start and stopping application
In our development environment (intellij), our application is started and
stopped frequently. In this scenario the OAK repository is not gracefully
shutdown.
When the application is started again, it will take about 2 minutes to start
because ‘waiting for lease to expire’ will occur.
Our current solution is when starting the application to delete everything in
the mongo collection clusterNodes.
Are there any drawbacks for this solution?

2.Lease expire messages
When are application is running there are sometimes messages about lease
expired. Currently I’ve used the LeaseCheckMode.DISABLED to disable most of
those messages.
Is there some more documentation about lease (I already read:
https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/nodestore/documentmk.html)?
Is it possible to turn this off because we’re not using clustering?

3.Caching
Related to the above, and maybe the reason why this message(s) occur.
The below pseudocode is used. The application logins on the session, does some
action, save and logouts from the session.
The dispose, shutdown, close are not called on the repository/document node
store at the end of every action.

documentNodeStore =
DocumentNodeStoreBuilder.newDocumentNodeStoreBuilder()setDocumentStore(..)

repository = new Jcr(new
Oak(documentNodeStore)).with(securityProvider).createRepository();

session = repository.login(simpleCredentials);

//DO SOME ACTION ON THE SESSION

session.save();

session.logout();

Kind regards,