Hi,

We are not sure yet if the property was 600 million characters long. It might
have been only 1 million. Sure, we need to investigate this and log an issue
about this. But we need a generic solution.

I think we should log a warning for strings larger than 100'000 characters. At
some point we could maybe throw an exception, for example at 1 million
characters by default (configurable).

Regards,
Thomas

On 16.09.19, 12:35, "Julian Reschke" <julian.resc...@gmx.de> wrote:

    On 16.09.2019 06:30, Mohit Kataria wrote:
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > Recently I faced issues where in a repository having large string
    > properties (async indexed) led to high heap usage. So I am adding a a warn
    > log if we try to add large string properties. But I am not sure what
should
    > be the  default max length for such string properties. From your past
    > experience please suggest a default value for such large string
properties.

    How large was it, and what exactly did happen? Maybe this deserves a bug
    report.

    Best regards, Julian