Hi there,

I was asked to look into better support for structured values inside JCR
properties.

For the sake of simplicity, let's consider JSON in binary properties on
nt:file/jcr:content...

1. Full text search

It should be possible to restrict full text search to the *values* in
JSON; I believe this is already possible by configuring the right
extraction strategy?

2. Search *inside* the property values

That likely requires either support from the underlying query engine, or
some sort of pre-processing. It will also require extensions to the
query syntax, right?

3. Utilities for handling these properties

The JCR API makes it hard to introduce new property types without
breaking existing code (that operations on the type value). But putting
this functionality into separate utility code (or alternatively, putting
extensions into oak-jackrabbit-api) should be simple.

Feedback appreciated,

Julian