From: Konrad Windszus <k...@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 3:46 PM
To: oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org <oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org>
Subject: Property "rep:fullname" on rep:User nodes

Hi,
In the default sync handler I found a mapping from "cn" to "rep:fullname"
(https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/blob/91a2b5aa48432ea5349499e8287ea05bcb02fada/oak-auth-external/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/spi/security/authentication/external/impl/DefaultSyncConfigImpl.java#L91).

The property "rep:fullname" seems to be an arbitrary property name though, as
it is not part of the node type definition outlined at
https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/security/user/default.html#Representation_in_the_Repository.
Also I couldn't find this property name in the Oak codebase except for in the
default sync handler
(https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/search?q=rep%3Afullname).

Is there any reason why I should set this property in User nodes or does that
only exist for legacy reasons?
Who is expected to read from this property?

Thanks,
Konrad