Hi Marcel,

Although I appreciate a release, I see that this has been done already now.
I would appreciate if you would give the Jackrabbit community a bit more in
advance notice (maybe one week) to allow others to contribute fixes and also to
consider at least the approved PR reviews:
https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+review%3Aapproved

<https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/pulls?q=is:pr+is:open+review:approved>
 (9 in total)

The amount of open PRs (172) also seems to indicate that the process for
contributions does not work well.
Maybe everyone of the Oak committers can dedicate some more time to do timely
reviews…

I personally won’t be able to vote on a potential 1.44.0 release as the testing
fails for me locally due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-9679
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-9679> (with an open PR at
https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/pull/612
<https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/pull/612>)

Maybe for the next release we can all try to pay more attention to the open PRs.

Thanks,

Konrad