Thanks Jörg,

I've tried but I've noticed one strange thing, myabe strange...

My DocumentNodeStore is on mongodb, so using a client like Compass I sometimes 
explore the nodes collection, and I've seen that after the oak:index/my-index 
node deletion there were not disappeared all the mongo documents below the 
deleted document, is it possible in your opinion?

I would like only to be sure that the deletion of an index definition 
corresponds also to the deletion of the whole index content, either the 
definition or the indexed data.

I hope it's clear my objective, thanks

Cordiali saluti / Best regards,

Raffaele Gambelli
Application Architect
________________________________
From: Jörg Hoh via oak-dev <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2026 5:48 PM
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Cc: Jörg Hoh <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: How delete programmatically a Lucene index?

Hi Raffaele,

Oak index definitions are regular JCR nodes below /oak:index (default), so
you can use the standard JCR Node API to create, modify and delete them.
The only thing I would recommend is to make sure that you do all your index
modifications within a single session and then do a final commit; otherwise
(spreading your index operations over multiple commis) you might end up
with multiple concurrent operations on the indexes, which potentially can
impact each other.

Jörg


Am Mi., 7. Okt. 2026 um 11:28 Uhr schrieb Raffaele Gambelli via oak-dev <
[email protected]>:

> Hi all,
>
> in my application I would like to introduce an API to provide the feature
> of deleting a Lucene Index previously created.
>
> Could you tell me which should be the oak api to use?
>
> Thank you
>
> Cordiali saluti / Best regards,
>
> Raffaele Gambelli
> Application Architect
> E  [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
> M +39 3371641888 <+39%20337%20164%201888>
> [
> https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.eu.signature365.com%2Fb2uknhefs98nwdub%2Fimg_USamABop1MkXu35s%2Fv114.jpg&data=05%7C02%7CRaffaele.Gambelli%40cegeka.com%7Ce0bac4de2b5046f0cb4008df248a7041%7C42151053019347aa9e81effd81f772cc%7C0%7C0%7C639269849139057714%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=iWT7xvy%2BEyhNg4Hnq4Il2PdKbeYgPXdJZ%2B%2BAUoigWCY%3D&reserved=0<https://images.eu.signature365.com/b2uknhefs98nwdub/img_USamABop1MkXu35s/v114.jpg>
> ]
> [CEGEKA]
> Via Ettore Cristoni, 84
> IT-40033 Bologna (IT), Italy
> T +39 02 2544271 <+39%2002%20254%204271>
> https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cegeka.com%2F&data=05%7C02%7CRaffaele.Gambelli%40cegeka.com%7Ce0bac4de2b5046f0cb4008df248a7041%7C42151053019347aa9e81effd81f772cc%7C0%7C0%7C639269849139079158%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=J2GTt8tAAM%2Fa65RyR15kIqFbQhSaI4hbj%2BEHuej4hCQ%3D&reserved=0<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cegeka.com%2F&data=05%7C02%7CRaffaele.Gambelli%40cegeka.com%7Ce0bac4de2b5046f0cb4008df248a7041%7C42151053019347aa9e81effd81f772cc%7C0%7C0%7C639269849139092067%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=qnsdc7p%2FJ6ar2r6JK3xjikbBw%2FNmmS3z0FxbLnv78gQ%3D&reserved=0><http://www.cegeka.com/>
>
>
>
>
>

--
https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcqdump.joerghoh.de%2F&data=05%7C02%7CRaffaele.Gambelli%40cegeka.com%7Ce0bac4de2b5046f0cb4008df248a7041%7C42151053019347aa9e81effd81f772cc%7C0%7C0%7C639269849139105348%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=QF%2BNOcVxbDTOl4dbh5HOQJJ6KV%2FAOTUMnsB0dEZ9gwM%3D&reserved=0<https://cqdump.joerghoh.de/>

Reply via email to