I can't give you a technical answer for this, but no, OpenID does identity
(and claimed identifiers), whereas OAuth substitutes a token and consumer
key for username and password.
That said, you essentially identify requests by the consumer key, and allow
them through if they're signed with the proper access token.

The combination of the two more or less (given my rudimentary comprehension
of how this all works) gives you a way to identify requests and who they're
coming from, but not in the same way that OpenID is intended for
verification of long-lived/durable identifiers.

Hopefully someone more technical can correct me if I'm wrong.

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &