Ah, I totally forgot about the whole "consumer key" nomenclature.

It would make me incredibly happy if OAuth talked about "consumer
name" and "consumer secret", because crypto geeks and others tend to
think that "keys" are secrets.  The OAuth consumer key is not secret,
thus leading to confusion.

Given that oauth_consumer_key is baked into the protocol, this might
be a lost cause.