On Mar 23, 2009, at 12:19 , Nial wrote:
> It seems like the best way to move forward would be to have my widget
> contact my server and check for a change in consumer key/secret. Of
> course, it'd be easy for anyone to visit that address for the latest
> details, but it'd mean less hassle for the end-user.

This may be less relevant in this particular discussion, but if you're
dealing with web-based widgets, a server call could be used to
authenticate the Consumer without using a secret. I wrote down some
ideas about a potential solution here:

<http://supercollider.dk/blog/2009/01/oauth-and-client-side-widgets>

--
Mark Wubben