Great idea! Something like this would work great for me,

core - The code that handles signing. This package should have no
dependencies at all. JRE should provide everything.
consumer - The HttpClient interface.
provider - A reference implementation of provider. This is as good as
an example. It's impractical to provide real server functions in the
library. As a provider, you have to face many tough issues, like how
to store consumer info/token, how to check nonce etc.

Thanks!

Zhihong