Great discussion!

If I'm correct we'd be OK if, during the authorization step, SP could get a
confirmation that the user whom has just authenticated is the same than
the one that triggered the 1st step at the Consumer (request token retrieval).

How about something like:

- Since in the std 3-legged scenario, the user logs in before the request for
  the request token is performed, the Consumer could maintain a mapping
  between the user's ID and the request token.

- We could then add a "confirmation step" just after the authorization one
  (before redirecting to the callback URL) where
  the SP redirects the UA (along with the request token) to the Consumer
  so that the latter can verify the mapping. If the user has an
existing authenticated
  session (at the Consumer) then this can be transparent. If not the user
  authenticates. In both case the Consumer can then check that the
  current user corresponds to the one in its mapping table.

I realize it requires an extra step but, lacking identity federation, that's the
only thing I can think of...

HTH
Hubert