Are you proposing this for the existing protocol, or for a fixed version?

For the existing protocol, seems reasonable.

For the fixed version, we need to take into considerations cases where
a user needs to manually type the callback token and they make a
mistake: http://groups.google.com/group/oauth/msg/4ccea6ccc2ecbd98

Cheers,
Brian