Mild preference for Option 2 or 3.

Current implementers reading this list will obviously be able to
implement it right either way, but Opt1 would be more painful for
people making clean implementations 4 months from now.

"That SP claimed to be 1.0, but the callback is missing the mandatory
oauth_verifier param that I see in the spec...?"
"That OAuth 1.0 Consumer just asked for a Request Token, but it forgot
the required oauth_callback param in the spec...?"

I.e. any new implementations against OAuth 1.0 A would need to do
archeological work in the SVN repository to handle all other "1.0"
peers, or to unambiguously tell which are 1.0a vs. 1.0.  We'd make
their lives easier by making the signaling unambiguous and explicit on
the wire via either oauth_version or some other explicit and
documented parameter.