Are we discussing someone's code or the spec? If the spec is
what's meant, then the OWF draft may well collide in some
(usally arcance) respect with the IETF's processes (which
like everything in this realm are a PITA).

I would think that changing the IPR status of the spec at
this point could muck up formation of an IETF WG and would
be undesirable but maybe someone's already checked all that
out?

S.