What about trying to swap a Request Token to a Access Token, but
the verifier code is wrong.

Does that invalidate the Request Token, or does it just fail and wait
for a new request with the correct verifier code?

If it doesn't invalidate the Request Token, couldn't an attacker to try
all options for verifier codes? If the Request Token is requested with
an OOB callback, the verifier will usually be sort so people don't have
to manually enter a long string.

Regards
Morten Fangel