Token duration is a policy decision.  Each site decides on what they will
grant.  For example at LinkedIn we give the user the option of one day, one
week, one year, or until revoked.  To help partners we are planning on
adding some of the OAuth
Session<http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/spec/ext/session/1.0/drafts/1/spec.html>
parameters
to our responses, specifically oauth_expires_in

Obviously apps need to be able to handle expired tokens, since the user can
revoke them at any time.