We're starting down the path of working with the 2.0 draft, and we've
got some admin web applications we want to protect. Part of what we're
trying to do is frame the problem correctly, so I'd appreciate any
corrections where I've jumped the track from the 2.0 ideas.

We'd like to start out being as true to the spec as we can. (Sorry if
I'm being a little fussy here ;) but with 1.0, we found that we're
happier when we used the spec as stated rather than getting creative.)

Specifically, we have a number of admin UI web pages we'll serve with
SSL. We'll do authentication through a centralized Authorization
service.

So far, that fits nicely with the web server flow. It also fits nicely
with the "username and password" flow, if we add a back channel for
user authentication. But the trouble comes transmitting the access
tokens from a "dumb" web page.

+ After we go through the process of getting an access token, we'd
like to set that as a cookie and pass it that way, rather than as an
Authorization header. But I don't see a provision for that in the
spec.

+ Alternately, a URL rewriting scheme would allow us to provide a
query string parameter, as allowed in the spec. But that is much less
simple than just using a cookie.

+ Is it even if fair to consider the browser a client?

+ Is this even a fair use of OAuth 2?

Best Regards,
Rob