On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Chuck Mortimore
<cmortim...@salesforce.com> wrote:
> No worries - I figured it would be easier to push for it's inclusion if the
> work were minimal.

Yeah, definitely!

> We will definitely need to implement this style of profile, as will many
> others, so it's essential it ends in some spec.   Personally I'd rather see
> a relatively thin spec that includes the critical profiles, rather than core
> + profile + bindings + etc like SAML.   However I'm open to any approach
> that get's the profile included.

I'd like to pull the username/password and SAML flows into their own
documents.  I don't think that we want to propagate the usage of the
password anti-pattern and while I'm hearing clearly that the SAML flow
is needed, I don't think it will be used by the majority of deployers.

We should develop both of these flows at the same time as the core
spec so that they all go together.

> I'd be happy to be listed as an author, but it's more important that
> whomever authored the original assertion profile get listed/credit.   Not
> sure if that was Dick or one of the other authors...perhaps they can chime
> in.

Sure. I'd rather make sure everyone gets credit and then we can work
out what the spec says at the end.  OAuth 1.0 lists almost twenty
contributors.  I tried to be extremely humble in my acknowledgments
section especially given that I hadn't spoken to every WRAP author.

> This (early) draft was written pretty quickly and is heavily based on
> The OAuth 1.0 Protocol [draft-hammer-oauth-10], OAuth WRAP
> [draft-hardt-oauth-01] and further discussion on the IETF OAuth
> Working Group mailing list. Those authors and editors include Allen
> Tom (Yahoo!), Brian Eaton (Google), Dick Hardt, Eran Hammer-Lahav
> (Yahoo!) and Yaron Goland (Microsoft).

--David