On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:07 PM, Eran Hammer-Lahav <e...@hueniverse.com>wrote:

> On 4/6/10 5:24 PM, "Evan Gilbert" <uid...@google.com> wrote:
>
> > Proposal:
> > In 2.4.1 & 2.4.2, add the following OPTIONAL parameter
> > username
> >   The resource owner's username. The authorization server MUST only send
> back
> > refresh tokens or access tokens for the user identified by username.
>
> What are the security implications? How can the client know that the token
> it got is really for that user?

Think the client has to trust the auth server, in the same way as with the
username + password profile. The auth server can always send back a scope
for a different user.

Worst case is that there is an identity mismatch between client and the
identity implicit in the authorization token. This mismatch is already
possible, and I don't think the username parameter makes the problem worse.