On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Manger, James H
<james.h.man...@team.telstra.com> wrote:
> We mustn't drop advertisements (details in 401 responses).
> We mustn't drop the goal of a standard for interoperability.

I share the goals, I just don't think that a specification is the way
to get there.  I think working examples in the wild would help
enormously.

> Defining a scope field in a 401 response is the novel aspect that “might not
> actually work”. Allowing a 'scope' query parameter in authz URIs is be quite
> separate.

Yeah, I agree with that analysis.

Though I don't know of any providers that are returning authorization
URLs in 401 responses right now.  That's novel, too.

Cheers,
Brian