On 2010-05-01, at 3:48 PM, Luke Shepard wrote:

> I agree with approach #3.
>
> As for the delimiter, I'm fine if the spec wants to do space-delimited.
>
> Just FYI Facebook will also continue to support and document commas in
> addition to whatever the spec says, because spaces are typically URL-encoded
> while commas are considered reserved characters and so not encoded. It's
> easier to write "read,write" than "read%20write".

Just in case it was not evident: a comma is a valid URL character, it would be
legal for it to be contained in a URL scope, leading a library parsing scopes
to inadvertently split up a single scope into one or more. Since the proposal
says a scope can be a URI/URL, a space is a better delimiter.

-- Dick