On 2010/05/11 12:49, Robert Sayre wrote:
> What /would/ be nice is an HTTP authentication scheme that used some
> sort of PAKE... but don't gate the OAuth spec on that.

FYI for people interested: my proposal for PAKE-based HTTP authentication
submitted as an Internet-Draft:
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-oiwa-http-mutualauth-06>.

I designed it mainly considering Browser-based authentication, but
I do not limit its possible uses to Browsers.
Feedbacks from other possible usage area, if possible, is much appreciated.

--
Yutaka OIWA, Ph.D.                                       Research Scientist
                            Research Center for Information Security (RCIS)