+1

Am 14.06.2010 16:13, schrieb Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo):
Hi all,

Those who attended the last IETF meeting noticed that the actual working
group slots are quite short (around 2 hours). The feedback I got was
that this does not leave us with enough time to get work done. I
understand that argument and acknowledge that not everyone wants to
attend a punch of other working group (even though I believe it would be
useful todo so) and therefore staying the entire week does not make a
lot of sense either. Traveling to a remote location for a 2 hour meeting
then does not sound super efficient.

The plan I had discussed with Blaine is the following: Once the final
IETF meeting agenda is available we will pick time slots all over the
week (one every day). I will organize a room and we can get together to
discuss open issues until we reach a point where we need to dig into the
details (often requiring text to be written). Writing such text
contributions will then happen afterwards so that we can continue our
discussion during the next slot.

This will hopefully help us to get some open issues investigated in
detail and to have text proposals available. The official working group
meeting slot would be used to summarize the work on the text proposals
and to get input from the larger community.

Thoughts?

Ciao
Hannes&  Blaine