Sounds like it's already in for -09 but I'd still like to voice my support
for some kind of optional parameter like error_description.

I'm working on a draft profiling a specific use of SAML in the assertion
grant_type flow (coming soon to this list I hope) and added in an
error_detail parameter for exactly the same purpose that Marius describes.
I'm sure it would be useful in many other contexts, however, and it'd be
good to have it in the core spec - giving the client side some ability to
troubleshoot without having to directly involve people on the authz server
side will be, IMHO, very valuable.

-Brian