>From the client's perspective, they are 'shared symmetric secrets' because
the client has to store them as-is and present them as-is. The act exactly
like passwords. I added that text to make that stand out.

When using passwords, the server doesn't need to store them in plain-text
either (e.g. uses a way one hash).

I would like the specification to make it clear that bearer tokens are only
secure while they remain *secret* and that *anyone* holding them can gain
full access to what their protect.

EHL