+1 on MAY;  (+0.3 on SHOULD).

Igor

Torsten Lodderstedt wrote:
Am 28.07.2010 um 01:40 schrieb Brian Eaton <bea...@google.com>:

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Brian Campbell
<bcampb...@pingidentity.com> wrote:
There seem to be two potential arguments against it - the burden of
tracking the state and the potential that it's unnecessarily
restrictive.  I don't personally see either as being a major issue but
would like to hear from folks if they feel differently.   I could
change the language from a MUST to a SHOULD or MAY to allow for more
flexibility at deployment/development time?  That would slightly
increase the opportunity for interop problems but I don't think it's
really much of a concern.
MAY seems reasonable to me.

+1